What We Believe In…
The Coalition of Community Health and Resource Centres of Ottawa envisions a future in which all persons have the capacity to work together to develop, manage and utilize the wide range of opportunities, responsive services and resources within their diverse communities for a safe, just and healthy life for all.
We are committed to the eradication of poverty in Ottawa. Coalition members advocate at many levels and on many issues to help people gain access to the basic supports, including shelter, food, income, childcare, recreation and transportation.
What does Advocacy mean to us?
- Ensuring a process for a voice for community members on issues that matter to them, regardless of means, by proving training and opportunity.
- Maintaining the support of funding agencies for the community-based infrastructure that provides the health and social services sought by City of Ottawa communities.
- Maintaining crisis resources within CHRCs to ensure the most vulnerable have ready access to needed services.
- Supporting people with barriers to access in achieving increased access to the full range of health and social services available within the City of Ottawa.
- Working more closely with community associations.
- Supporting investment in social capital.
- Expanding resources available for community-based health and social services in the City of Ottawa as needed.